Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Water extraction early after the damage is extremely important to prevent secondary damages to your home and your belongings. SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa North adheres to a policy that we will have a first responder on site within an hour of your emergency and an emergency service crew within four. We strive to be the fastest to any size disaster. The longer the water sits in your home, the more long-term damage it can create to the porous materials such as carpeting, baseboards, wood floors, area rugs, etc. Our mission is to get the water up and get drying machines running quickly to save you time and money.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.